Colors of Saudi Arabia Photo Contest 2013
Photography is considered the most influencing means to disseminate and develop tourism and document culture and heritage. The idea of organizing the Saudi Color Forum ,for the secound year in a row, is to hold an annual forum that includes a national photography exhibition, a photography competition, appreciation ceremony, workshops, and training courses. That is to achieve the SCTA role in developing the domestic tourism and the KSA’s civilization dimension. Also, this Forum is aimed at encouraging professional and creative photographers to highlight the KSA potentials including its tourism landmarks, heritage, antiquities, diverse natural environment, and civilization progress.
1. TOURISM EXPERIENCE:
- - All activities and sensations performed and felt by a tourist during a given trip or tourism activity.
- - A tourism experience includes: photos of people during their trip, and various tourism activities they take on (e.g. a family in a park or on a beach, children playing in a park or a playground, guys on a boat trip or camping, festivals and exhibitions, or partaking in recreational sports …etc.).
- - Does not include: Studio photos (portraits taken in a studio), or photos taken with no people in them.
- - The significance of the tourism experience photos lies in the people appearing in the photos, and the way they express their feelings whether happy, excited, relaxed … etc.
3. ANTIQUITIES AND URBAN HERITAGE:
- - Nature is made up of non-manmade elements in the surrounding environment, such as mountains, deserts, beaches, trees, fauna and flora, wild life, countryside, islands, seas … etc.
- - Photos of nature are usually taken in open spaces of natural elements, and contain minimal manmade objects.
- - Gardens, parks, artificial waterfronts are all manmade destinations and so weaken the effect of the nature photo and chances of acceptance.
- - Include the photos of archeological sites of extinct civilizations and all remnants of past generations and civilizations that existed in Saudi, such as buildings or what remains of them. SCTA provides a list of these sites.
- - Urban heritage photos include photos of buildings, existing historical towns that were inhabited by Saudis in previous times.
- - This category of photos does not include the contents of museums, artifacts, currency, paintings, or collectables from the recent past.
- - Includes the values, customs, traditions, handicrafts, traditional folklore, fine art, dances, traditional dress, and foods that have been passed down from one generation to the next as part of a cultural existence, and which are either still constantly or occasionally practiced.
- - An example of such would be a photo of traditional dance and dance groups, artisans and heritage handicrafts, traditional dishes, heritage art, local dress, and pictures of people practicing customs and traditions.
Awards and Prizes 2013:
Awards and prizes will be presented in an official ceremony organized by SCTA within Colors of Saudi Forum activities in the end of the year.
Places and Prizes
The total value of forum's cash and non-cash prizes is SR. 550,000 as follows:
- Prince Sultan bin Salman Photography Award (Total value: SR. 100,000 Cash)
- Tourism Films Category (Total value: SR. 50,000 Cash)
- Colors of Saudi Photo Contest (Total value: SR. 400,000 Cash and Non-cash) as follows:
- TOURISM EXPERIENCE:
- ANTIQUITIES AND URBAN HERITAGE
Total forum's prizes
Participation is closed