The contest considers photos which express and document Saudi national heritage and the legacy of its predecessors, including:
- Immobile antiquities: these include archeological sites, urban heritage areas, historical mosques, castles, forts, rock carvings and dams - to name a few.
- Mobile antiquities: these include clay, stone, glass and metal utensils, jewelry and coins, manuscripts, tools and museum collections.
- Traditional social life: this includes popular heritage, folklore, habits, food, clothes, traditions and arts, handicrafts, traditional professions, games and heritage festivals.
- Various cultural activities that express the history and civilization of Saudi Arabia's people.
From the Sky
Photographs taken from above the Kingdom whether it is from a plane, helicopter, gliding or from a high point.
Nature & Landscape
This is open to Saudi citizens only and covers photographs of subjects in their most natural habitat. This could include, but is not restricted to, mountains, deserts, beaches, vegetation, animals, wildlife, countryside, islands, and other landscapes which involve the least possible amount of human interference.
Photos of gardens, parks and artificial beachfronts will reduce the applicant’s chance of winning as the subjects of these photos are man-made.
Saudi Arabia Today
This category, open to Saudi residents only, involves photos which express all aspects of modern life in the Kingdom. It includes:
- City development including infrastructure and urban renaissance, as well as roads, markets, restaurants, gardens, museums and people's life.
- Government and private facilities, business facilities, industrial and medical facilities, exhibition and convention facilities, and the activities involved.
- Major infrastructure projects such as roads, underground railways, airports, trains, ports, dams, and desalination facilities.
- Education and future facilities such as universities, cities and technology companies and the activities involved.
- Aspects of modern life for the Saudi citizen in his home, at work, in society and social occasions.
- Sport and recreational projects such as clubs, stadiums, gyms, and amusement parks and the activities involved.
1st Place of each Category (SR. 60,000)
2nd Place of each Category (SR. 40,000)
3rd Place of each Category (SR. 30,000)